- March Moustache ride this Friday night March 23rd at 5pm
- First weekend of May -The Broken Spoke's kick off to the summer season! Including a road ride, Tour de Tweed, and mountain bike ride
- May 9th -National Bike to School day --a great way to get our kids moving.
- May 13th -Rhody Tour, hosted by Port Townsend Bicycle Association
- May 18th -National Bike to Work day, as part of Bike to Work Week, May 14-18. Lucky us Port Townsendites it is also Rhody Festival week!
- June 21st -National Go Skateboarding Day
- June 24th -Longest Day of Trails fundraiser for the Olympic Discovery Trail, held on the Larry Scott Trail
- July 28 & 29th -Lost in the Woods Mountain Bike Race Weekend. More details to come
Additionally, I was sent this link and found it pretty interesting. It is not the whole story of why cyclists are not always seen on the road, yet it is at least a little part of it... It works exactly like it says, and is one major reason people in cars can 'look right at you' (when you're on a motorcycle or bicycle)---AND "NOT SEE YOU".
Motion Induced Blindness - demonstration
go check it out!
~Cheers, The Broken Spoke staff