Black Friday Yippie!!!
The Broken Spoke will be closed Thursday, November 22nd to celebrate Thanksgiving. The Thursday night mountain bike ride will return the following week on the 29th. On Friday, November 23rd, we will open our normal hours 10am-6pm, aka "Black Friday". For those of you who have not already been getting a jump on the holiday season we have got a treat for you. To take some of the stress out of your holiday shopping, we have assembled a convenient list of gift ideas for the cyclist in your life. Ladies and gentlemen, let the shopping begin.
Oh and don't forget to hang your stockings up for Saint Nicholas Day December 6th!
Stocking Stuffers under $20
- Patch kits
- Bike bells
- Water bottle & cage
- Seat bags
- Tire levers
- Nutrition supplements
- Minni bike lock
Gifts under $50
- Hats and Headbands: The best ones for cooler to cold temperatures for cycling are in the Endura Baa Baa merino wool collection.
- Jersey: Bontrager Rhythm and Solstice
- Mini lights: Lighting that can keep you safe doesn't need to cost a lot from Cateye and Bontrager.
- Socks: A nice gift item that most people don't like to purchase for themselves. Favorites included Smartwool, Bontrager and Sock Guy, which support the cause of your choice.
- Gloves: A windproof, water resistant glove at great value is the Endura Dexter.
- Grips: A good way to give your bike a little flare.
- On-the-bike nutrition products or food: These items will always be used. Be sure to find out the drink or bar of choice for your cyclist.
- Over Shoes: The Endura MT500 overshoes is a great item with the colder weather.
- Subscription: I'd love a one-year subscription to Trails.com or Bike magazine.
- Mini tools: I'm a commuter and the Crankbrothers Multi-17 is nice when you're in a hurry and broken down on the side of the road.
- Scales for weight weenies: For those cyclists concerned, very concerned, with the weight of everything, these scales are used for bikes and bike parts. Several companies make inexpensive hanging digital scales. Topeak has the combined scale and bike stand system (putting this option into the next category).
- Patch kits: Great stocking stuffer, necessity for all riders, and a cyclist can never have too many patch kits. Pair with a Topeak Morph pump to keep your cyclist from getting stranded.
Gifts $50 to $500
- Gloves: The Endura Luminate commuter glove is waterproof and windproof
- Rechargeable Lights: The
Niterider Lumina series is a compact
commuter light. It is USB rechargeable and super bright.
- Merino wool Baselayers: The natural fibers are excellent for wicking moisture, preventing stubborn odors, and keeping skin warm in cooler temperatures.
- Thermal Baselayers: These fitted base-layers wick moisture, are highly breathable and are fitted to keep you warm but not bulky.
- Lightweight Vest: Perfect for layering when the mornings are cool, but packable when temperatures increase as the ride progresses. The Bontrager Race Windshell Vest is a great addition to any collection.
- Jackets: Warm, waterproof, breathable and visible; who could ask for anything more?
- Personal Coach: Giving your cyclist the gift of personal coaching is a real treat. Prices vary on this and certain options can bump it into the next category; but the equipment is nothing without a great engine.
Gifts over $500
- Racing wheels: It would be great to have a nice set of Custom built racing wheels.
- Wind tunnel test: Get every speed advantage possible. Locations vary for this. Do an internet search titled "bicycle wind tunnel testing" to find a tunnel near you.
- Bike trip to the Tour de France: Trek travel offers Trips to France, Italy and so much more.
- New bike: Your favorite cyclist always has bike lust.
If you are unsure of the specific items you should get, The Broken Spoke also has gift cards available as well as gift receipts.
Can't afford the items you want all in one purchase? The Broken Spoke has Layaway!!